If you read my column very much you know that I like to repost outstanding posts on my blog. Today, I have posted the best ever post that women would do well to heed. I have said the same things on other blogs and have been vilified, castigated and called all manner of vile names. Women just don’t want to hear the truth, especially from a man.
I would only add that a woman needs to wear frilly and lacy lingerie for their men. Men are visual creatures and far too many of you married women wear deadly dull virginal white lingerie with no lace.
Here is the link to her blog. I recommend it highly
August 6, 2010 — joannawillis
Everyone knows that there are some women in the world who like to prey on married men. These women are on the search for someone else’s man, a challenge, a fling. I personally am not worried about any women trying to steal my husband because I don’t believe my husband can be stolen. Husbands and wives decide whether they are going to be faithful and committed to their marriages. As married people and even before we say I Do, we have to make up in our minds that marriage is FOR LIFE and we’ll do everything we can to stay faithful and happy.
Wives, we don’t want another woman to show our husbands more respect, affection or admiration than we do. I hate it when I see a wife tearing down her hubby because I know that if she keeps rejecting him, another woman would gladly pick him up.
Whether your marriage is good, bad or ugly right now, you have to decide to stick it out, pray, be patient, long-suffering and diligent. As wives, I feel it is vital for us to do all that we can to keep our homes peaceful, our husband’s happy, satisfied and eager to get home.
8 Tips to keep him happy, satisfied and eager to get home.
1. Watch your attitude. Some husbands don’t like to come home after work because they know their wives will start arguing and nagging them when they walk through the door. We as wives need to learn when and how to address our concerns without nagging or flying off the handle.
2. Keep your appearance up. If you did your hair, wore nice clothes and did other things to look good before marriage, you should try your best to keep that up after you say I Do! Men are visual and you want your hubby to know and believe that his wife is the finest woman around!
3. Keep a clean house. I know majority of wives work but there’s no reason for our homes to get trashed. Try to pick up during the week and exactly clean on the weekends when you have more time. You want your honey to feel comfortable in a clean home. Of course he should help you keep the home clean but that will probably take your guidance to help him
4. Find common interest so you can go out and have fun together. The couple that plays together stays together. Make time to get out and have fun, laugh, flirt, enjoy one another’s company. Married couples should spend more time together than apart.
5. Meet his sexual needs. Most men want sex a lot. Try your best to keep up with him and give him rain checks when you need time to rest. Try not to reject him with a negative attitude when your tired. He may feel that you don’t love or desire him. We don’t want them to make us feel that way when we ask for affection or communication. Married sex is awesome and if you need to, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to prepare your heart, mind and body and help you to enjoy it.
6. Be a safe and trusted person for him so that he can be vulnerable around you. Men don’t let their guard down easily. If you want him to open up, you must be patient, compassionate and trusting.
7. Be his ride or die chick. He needs to know that if he can’t count on anyone else (besides God) he can count of you. Through the good times in his career, health, finances and the bad. Love him, support him and pray for him always!
8. Be forgiving, don’t keep bringing up his past failures. When you get into intense fellowship with your hubby, don’t bring up old mistakes, failures or issues. It is not helpful and it will only make things worse. When we say we forgive people, we have to truly forgive and ask the Holy Spirit to help us forget. Even if the memory is refresh in your mind, if you keep bringing it up, the situation will never rest and the person will never get a chance to heal or redeem themselves.